The Do's and Dont's of Granite Countertops
- DO clean your counters with mild dish soap and water.
- DO use natural stone approved cleaners.
- DO use trivets and coasters.
- DO seal your natural stone annually or when water is being absorbed.
- DO clean up spills immediately!
- DON'T allow acidic agents to get in contact with natural stone (especially marbles). It will etch marble and remove sealer in granite.
- DON'T use ammonia based products, abrasive products or bleach based products to clean natural stone countertops.
Source: Schneider Stone Incorporated